Saturday 2 July 2016

Physiotherapy in Calgary

Hey everyone!
My mom is a very sick woman, and recently has had to access the services of a physiotherapist. She is an amputee as well as a diabetic, so getting her mobile again is a very complex and long term journey.

After finally visiting a Calgary physiotherapist, I realized just how hard it is to find one. I wasn't sure exactly what my mom needed, what her problems were, and what treatment I was even looking for. I knew that it was important that I find a clinic with a range of specializations so that the chances of getting my mom the right treatment plan would be better. 


This clinic had two locations, which gave us the option to drive less, since it's already a bit of a challenge getting around. The staff helped with setting up direct billing, which is something that I didn't even think of right away. When we arrived they were very friendly to my mom, which I say is a very good thing considering the years of medical problems she has gone through have made her a bit of a handful at times to deal with.
They let me know that she was in good hands, and that the physiotherapists there had over 10 years of experience; this gave me confidence knowing that they would most likely have seen a case like my mom's before.
Because my mom had pre-existing conditions, her treatment plan was personalized and they took into consideration the amount of exertion she could handle at each session - and kept this in mind for her future scheduled visits. I am glad that clinics such as AlbertaPT.com are around so that my mom can find the help she needs and get walking again.


No comments:

Post a Comment