Wednesday 17 May 2017

Dealing with back pain

Hey guys!

I've yet to visit a chiropractic clinic myself because I, along with many others, are unsure of the benefits that a chiropractor can offer. I find myself asking questions like whether or not chiropractic is actually scientifically based. I'm a firm believer, however, in massage therapy and physiotherapy, which I believe are closer to chiropractic than any other practice.

When I hurt my back I usually visit an Edmonton massage therapist and get the usual treatment, which leaves me feeling better. But I find myself becoming more and more curious about seeing a chiropractor and having them do some work on me.

As a nursing student, I know that my body is constantly working to heal itself, and that given the best environment and healthy conditions, it will do that job well. So having that knowledge, the idea of a chiropractor adjusting joints and relieving pressure on my spine seems quite inciting. I know that I have bad posture from having to constantly be sitting at both work and school for long periods of time, consequently I ball up all of this tension and gas into pockets that need to be released and cracked. I have a bad habit of cracking my fingers, so I know first hand the relief of having joints cracked and released. Having a professional do it on my spine is an attractive thought, and welcomed after this entire week of back pain.

After a read through RedefinedHealth.com, I was left with a better understanding of chiropractic practice, and was less hesitant to set up a meeting with their office in order to explore it. They explained what makes chiropractics effective, and dispelled a few myths about it that I was skeptic of, such as whether or not I had thrown my back "out" at such a young age.
Needless to say, I am excited for my first visit to the chiropractor, and I look forward to the relief on my back.

2 comments:

  1. You're lucky - you're still young - I "need" to see a massage therapist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this post

    ReplyDelete