Wednesday 17 May 2017

Divorce is costly for everyone involved

Hey everyone!
About a month ago I was talking with my aunt about her life because I knew that she was going through some troubling times. She lives in Calgary, so I don't get to see her all that often.


She shared with me that she was separated from her husband of ten years, Joe. I wasn't too close with Joe at all, but I felt so horrible for my aunt. She told me that she was working with a Calgary divorce lawyer, and that they were going through the necessary steps to ensure that she gets everything sorted out. Apparently Joe was more in favor of a lawyer assisted negotiation for the upcoming divorce. I didn't know a whole lot about that, but my aunt told me that she would not only would she have to deal with the heartbreak of divorce, Joe was now making her show up to court for a lengthy back and forth negotiation where she would need to work with her lawyer and present her stance, then argue for it in an attempt to reach some sort of middle ground.


The entire time she explained all of this, all I could think about was my nephew and niece, who I know really love both of their parents. I imagine that it will be difficult for my aunt to be cooperative with Joe after this entire ordeal is said and done, and that will be at the detriment of the children. Co-parenting is an option that my aunt is working through with her lawyer. I searched around and learned a bit more about all of the troubles and tribulations that come along with divorce, but was glad to know that law offices in Calgary, such as McNeillFamilyLaw.ca, work with families and spouses carefully and respectfully in order to minimize the emotional and financial cost of divorce on the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment